Re: (erielack) Dayton Branch ?

I believe that is correct. As has been said, by way of the aborted sale of
the CH&D, the Erie had rights over the B&O to Cincy and Indy, but this was
exercised by the B&O hauling from Dayton to those cities.

The Erie/EL had a freight agent in Indianapolis, but no freighthouse. I
don't know if they might have had an agreement with the B&O to use their
freighthouse (Since torn down, it was located on the south side of downtown
Indy, along Virginia Ave., in the same area as the NYC, Monon and the PRR's
two freighthouses), or if it was a team track arrangement for non-siding
pickup/deliveries. Through cars would have been moved by the Indpls. Union
to the connecting road (IC, PRR, NYC, P&E, NKP, Monon).

Michael Dye ELHS #1516