(erielack) Re: EL SD 45

To view or download the image(s), click on or cut and paste the following URL into your web browser and click/select the thumbnail image(s) for the listed filename(s).
http://www.railfan.net/cgi-bin/listthumb.cgi?/lists/erielack-photo/erielack-07-11-01

ELX3607XSt.XLouisX9-00.jpg (image/jpeg, 98583 bytes)

> The Museum of Transport outside St. Louis ,MO. has
> what I believe to be a SD 45 freshly painted in full
> EL dress.

Unfortunately, based on second-hand photos I've seen just recently, the paint
is not holding up well.   The yellow was fading to a chalky white color.
The problem appears to be typical with restored equipment.  The SAL SDP35 at
Hamlet NC is in the same predicament.

Does anyone have a recent first-person sighting of 3607 to confirm that?