(erielack) EL equipment

A friend of mine just returned from Philadelphia and mentioned that he
saw an SD unit of some type -wasn't sure of the exact model - painted in
full EL paint, but with no lettering or number on it. It was spotted at
the Amtrak station in Phili. Does anyone have any information about this
mystery unit? Could there be another restored EL locomotive floating
around or is it someone elses engine painted in an EL scheme?

Also one of the other surviving Erie/EL diners is at the South Carolina
Railroad Museum see their webs site at http://www.scrm.org/ - appears
that they are using it in operation. Not sure about the Erie "American"
series sleeper they reportedly have as well. Would certainly help
complete the recreated "Lake Cities" consist with EL 741 if it could be
returned to the north east.

As far as I can determine, there are at least 4 Erie Sleepers still
around - "Spirit of Youngstown" is now CSX "Youngstown", the American
series sleeper in South Carolina and one in the mid-west (privately
owned I believe) and one of the 10/6 cars that went to Canada. Anyone
know of any others?

Rob Piecuch
Chemung Valley RHS

End of ErieLack Digest V3 #250