(erielack) Long-haul motive power

Group:

The video "Before the Hyphen", from Revelation, has a clip of four Erie GP7s
heading a westbound freight passing X Tower in Olean, NY, at speed.  I
suppose it could have been a local, or an interdivisional move, but it sure
looked like a hot train.  I just looked at this video less than two weeks
ago.  I don't recall a symbol being mentioned in the commentary.  Also, this
same clip showed a GP7 switching the yard at Olean.

Sweetland's "Erie Railroad in Color" shows a 5-unit brace of GP7s on the
Bradford Branch.  They are all Erie except for one EL B&Y, so this photo was
shortly after the merger.  Not a long-haul freight, I know, but more than
just a local.

-From what others have said, it seems that GP7s were not common west of
Hornell, although from photos the B&SW had it's share of them.  Must be they
roamed as far as Meadville and Buffalo?

- - Dave Green, ELHS #1366