(erielack) Setting the (Daily) Record straight.

Friends,

Having just now gotten ahold of the Daily Record article about Sparta
Station's Open House, I would like to correct a few of the errors I
found immediately evident.

First of all, I am NOT the Vice President of the _Sussex Railroad Club_.
 The Sussex Railroad Club is a swell group of people who have been able
to do a lot more for the Sparta Station Foundation than my group, _The
Sussex Railroad Company_, because of our just having organized.

Secondly, it seems like a lot of what Dean Coupland told the reporter
for the Daily Record was attributed to me.  The only thing that I said
that ended up in the article was that the automobile-together with
better roads-spelled the end for passenger train service.

I was very happy to volunteer one Saturday of my time to help clean up
the station and hope to do it again.  (If only a similar group had tried
as hard with the old Branchville station...)

I just wanted to set the record straight, guys.

Dave Rutan, VP
The Sussex Railroad COMPANY, Inc.
Preserving Sussex County's Railroad Heritage.
http://sussexbranch.org
454 Route 206 South, Newton, NJ 07860
Tel: 973-300-0177 • Fax: 973-300-0167

Note for content: the NYSW was controlled by the Erie was it not?