(erielack) Re:Erie Brass Pacifics, was Stillwell Coaches

"STGCOMM_@_aol.com" wrote:

>From posts here before, I have gathered that some of
>the Pacific models are not accurate
>to the Erie prototype (wrong tender, etc) I'm not
>"rivet counting", but would
>like reasonable accuracy.  What is the best Erie
>Pacific model available
>commercially?

Nickel Plate Products did a K-1 in several headlight
variations in the early 1980's. It appears that this
model was slightly oversize. Another flaw was that the
mechanism was not engineered too well, resulting in
the cylinders being too wide, and projecting beyond
the running boards. One was available on e-bay within
the last week or two. The G-15 4-6-0 common on the NJ
commuter lines that NPP did at the same time was quite
nice, except for correctable mispositioned front
marker lights. I have both of these sitting in boxes
waiting for a (someday) paint job.

The various K-5s done by Key Models in the middle
1980's are better detailed and good runners, if
somewhat short on pulling power.

Several of the Mark I video tapes on the Erie contain
sequences of steam on the NY & NJ.

Vince