RE: (erielack) P2K Erie FA1/Stewart FT?

> I remember that there was a discussion on the list of some problems
> (inaccuracies in components or paint) with either the Proto 2000 Erie
> FA1/FB1 sets or the Stewart Erie FTs (or F3s?). Can somebody
> refresh my
> memory on what those problems (major) were? Thanks!

The issues can be summarized as follows:

* The Stewart FT's have the correct lettering, but the consensus is that the
yellow is WAY off (compared to their previous F7's in Erie, which have the
correct yellow - go figure!)
* The Proto 2000 FA's are correct with one minor exception: The yellow
"fingers" that start at the front of the cab and extend along the top of the
carbody are a little short, and should extend out over the center door -
this can easily be fixed.

	- Paul

P.S. I've been noticing fewer posts, and I'm wondering if this is because of
the "invalid user" rejects that the listserver seems to be doing a lot now?
If so, E-mail me at this address (off-list). We are currently working to
move the list to a much more reliable and robust server (including archiving
and searching list content!)