(erielack) Two Questions

This is directed to the Orange County (NY) mavens who seem to know so =
much of the local history.  I also readily confess my ignorance.

While coming home from GCT tonight, I was talking with a Metro North =
conductor.

First question.  There seems to have been a freight yard just south of =
the Beacon train station.  He told me that the yard was for interchange =
with the Erie in Maybrook.  Would NYC power interchange the cars across =
the Poughkeepsie Bridge and then on to Maybrook? I thought that the =
bridge "belonged" to the New Haven and that Maybrook also "belonged" to =
the New Haven or do I have it wrong?

Also, while traveling north through Cold Spring (off topic I apologize) =
there seems to be a road bed running to the right around a large pond.  =
Is it a road bed? If so, what railroad owned it? Where did it go?

Lastly, I was looking at some old pictures recently of the O&W which =
spoke to an interchange with the West Shore Line in Cornwall.  If the =
proposed bond issue in NY actually upgrades the West Shore Line for =
commuter service, is it still possible to connect the Graham Line to the =
West Shore Line? Is there still enough right of way left to make it =
feasible?

I really do hate taking the bridge to Beacon every morning to work.

Thanks
Mike Monahan