Re: (erielack) Athearn's EL SWs are out!!

"STGCOMM_@_aol.com"   asks

> What is the difference between a "calf" and a "cow" as switchers go?  Why
are
> they called that?

They are permanently linked units, where the cow is the unit with a cab, and
the calf has no cab.  The calf has to follow it's mother unit everywhere.

I assume that's enough imagery to explanin >>why<< they're called that. . .
.

> Also, is there any feedback on the Walthers Erie SW-1 (model #932-1367 in
the
> 2000 Walthers catalog)?  A good model of the prototype?

It's pretty good.  Accurate paint, pretty nice model, pulls pretty well.

SGL