Re: (erielack) NJT Cab Car 5146

In a message dated 9/19/2000 6:52:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
"todd.hollritt_@_attws.com" writes:

<< I spotted NJT Cab Car 5146 (EL 1546?) disabled on Route 80 west in
 Parsippany NJ today. It was traveling on a flatbed. Any clue where this car
 was off too? It looked gutted inside and had the glass removed from the
 windows, and the engineers side was completely destroyed from wreck damage.
 It sat there on Rt. 80 most of the day today.
 Todd (ELHS#1318)

Yeah it was in the Secaucus wreck in 96.
It wasnt EL.. Highest EL was 5134 "1534"
It was built in 82 I believe. It sat way back behind the MMC for 4 years, by
Tropicana. Sitting right in front of it was 4148.  It probably went to a
scrap dealer, if not that, I suppose it could possibly have gone to the same
rebuilder that is making the Comet V from Comet II's but I doubt it..

- -Pat Lederer