(erielack) Re:Existing Erie Steam

In a message dated 09/16/2000 6:00:35 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
"erielack-owner_@_internexus.net" writes:

> The other may be to see if any Grand Trunk Western pacifics exist. Some of
>  them look so Erie. Unfortunately, one was scrapped by Chicago's Metra. Are
>  their any others left?

I think you are all missing the most obvious way to replicate an Erie steam
loco.  And it would be closer to the real thing than dressing up a GTW
Pacific (5632, which exists on a plinth in Durand Michigan, and will come out
when Hell freezes over!)

Russian Decapod!

The reason this is closer, of course, is that they were all built to the same
order, anyway, it just depended on what was assigned to your railroad.  This
is also the solution to Western Maryland, Susquehanna, and even WB&E for
goodness sakes!

One would look right at home in Scranton if it weren't for the damnable self
guarded frogs in the switches.

Of course, I do not think Spencer nor Illinois Railroad Museum are going to
be too amused.  But I also hear that there are still quantities of Russian
Decapods available from old train brokers in Europe (Probably from later
production, however).

Steve Zuiderveen