(erielack) The September calendar shot...

Haven't weighed in yet on this month's EL calendar photo....

A somewhat harshly lit (too much shadow) shot, but full of interesting
things. The first thing that strikes my eye is the relatively crappy quality
of the track. The big SD45's look like they'll trash the track here! But I
can put myself into a sonic mode, and "hear" in my head the high-pitched
warbling of the SD45's turbocharger, and the gutteral "gurg-gurg-gurg" of
the swiftly throttling NW2. The smells must be interesting, too - grease all
around (no grass growing on those tracks, my friends!)

Note the bi-level PC autorack at the extreme right, too!

To stir up the controversy again: Is the B65 a SLUG or a BRAKE SLED? I
thought the EL locomotive diagram book lists it as a "SLUG", but in most
photos, there are no visible connections to hook it up to a "mother" unit.
Besides, the mother units would have to be similarly equipped, and I've seen
photos of these "slugs" with AT LEAST 7 different switchers. I'd love to get
a chance to talk with Dave Huggins again (former EL CMO) - he answered quite
a number of questions at the ELHS Scranton event...

	- Paul

Paul R. Tupaczewski______________
Lucent Technologies
Mobile Internet Applications
Wireless Networks Group
67 Whippany Road                 Voice: (973) 386-4966
Room 15C-121                           Fax: (973) 386-3538
Whippany, NJ 07981       E-mail: "paultup_@_lucent.com"