(erielack) Convention information

Terry,

         Greetings!   My name is Christopher Hauf, and I am President of
the Rochester Chapter NRHS.   We are the host group for the 2000 ELHS
convention.

         The convention is this coming weekend, Fri-Sun, 9/15-9/17.    The
convention will be headquartered at the Gateway Banquet & Conference Center
in Henrietta.   The Gateway is on Route 15 ( West Henrietta Rd.) just south
of Lehigh Station Road.

Friday's highlights will include:

- - A tour w/ diesel powered trip w/ Erie equipment at the Rochester &
Genesee Valley Railroad Museum and the New York Museum of Transportation.
- - A night photo session on the Livonia, Avon & Lakeville
- - Some modeling & historical talks in the afternoon from 3-6 at the Gateway.

Saturday will include a set of talks running from 9-4 followed by the
Convention banquet in the evening with guest speaker, Bill Burt, VP & GM of
the LA&L.

Some of the speakers scheduled will be:

Don Shilling (Rochester Chapter NRHS Historian) - "Rochester time capsule
with a railroad slant"
Paul Tupaczewski - "NYS&W and other goodies"
Jerry Segrue - "DL&W Steam"
Chris Hauf - "From the Archives - the Erie & DL&W: Scenes from the
Rochester Chapter's archives"

I am still finalizing the other talks and actually could use one more
person or a combo of people if they only have a small number of
slides.   Any conventioneers out there who could help?    Sadly, there will
be no "slide night" on Friday due to mix-up with the convention center, so
here is your chance to show your stuff.   Please let me know.

Sunday
Fall foliage excursion on the Ontario Midland Railroad 11AM @ Sodus, NY.

Convention costs:
$35.00 for non-members for the convention unless you would like to join and
then the price drops to $30.00 for both days.
Night photo session is $10.00.
Banquet is $30.00
Fall foliage ticket $10.00

Registration will run from 8:30AM to 9:30 on Friday at the
Gateway.   Conventioneers who don't get their registration packet can pick
them up during the afternoon session and may go straight to the R&GV RR
Museum in the AM.   There will be maps left at the Gateway.

If you are planning on coming to especially the banquet, I really need to
know by Tuesday evening or very early Weds. morning. The banquet center
wants a "final" count on Weds. for the banquet.   **** PLEASE NOTE: If any
other people are planning to come and attend the banquet and have not
previously registered or contacted me, please do so ASAP. ****    It is ok
to register and pay at the door, however, I am would like to get the count
as close to correct as I can on Wed.    We can add a few more on Friday if
needed, though.

Thanks and please let me know if you have any other questions.

Until later,
Chris