Re: (erielack) Scanners

- ----- Original Message -----
From: <"MDelvec952_@_aol.com">
To: <"FIRETRACK_@_aol.com">; <erielack@internexus.net>
Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2000 8:04 PM
Subject: Re: (erielack) Scanners

Here's what I have done when it comes to scanners,
I went to Wal Mart and for $99.00 bought a Uniden Bearcat BC350A, which
included an A/C adapter, cigarette lighter plug and fusable D/C hookup. I
then went across the shopping center to Radio Shack and for $39.95 bought an
antenna with the BNC adapter and coax cable. It mounts to the side glass of
my Blazer and works fantastic. I have used it Railfanning here in NC on the
Clinchfield loops (in the mountains) in the Southern loops, along the
mainline and yes I have used it in NJ when I take y occasional trips back
home. For $150.00, this setuo has worked for 4 years and the scanner can be
mounted under the dash or used as a tabletop model. I give it a thumbs up
and highly recomend it.

Fred Stratton
Proudly Newlywed to Mary who railfans with me.