(erielack) Stewart Lackawanna F3A/B

In a message dated 09/05/2000 6:45:20 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
"paultup_@_lucent.com" writes:

> I scanned in some of the new HO scale EL products...
>
>  Stewart DL&W F3's:  http://el-list.railfan.net/pics/dlwf3.jpg
>
>  On the last item, Stewart must be commended. This far and away makes up for
>  their off-color Erie FT's. The colors are EXCELLENT, as is the lettering.
>  (apparently based off the Microscale set).

Paul and listers:

Now that Stewart's Lackawanna F3's are out-and look great, I feel compelled
to share some background with you.

Recognizing the disappointment many members experienced over the color of the
Stewart Erie FTs, I took the initiative to contact Steve Stewart when I heard
that he planned to produce the Lackawanna F3.  Steve was most receptive to
The Society's offer to provide him with technical assistance and painting
details for the project.

I promptly contacted Tom Schmieder, who volunteered to work directly with
Stewart Hobbies.  (Photos of Tom's own Lackawanna F3s have graced the pages
of The Extra Board a few years back.)   If the project is a success, it is
because Society members pitched in to make it so, a win/win for Stewart
Hobbies and for us modelers.

This type of teamwork with manufacturers takes place 5-10 times per year.
I'm glad to facilitate the process, and am grateful to people like Larry
DeYoung, Dan Biernacki, Mike DelVecchio, Schuyler Larrabee, Paul Tupaczewski
and in this case; Tom Schmieder for doing the hard work to make it possible.

Of course, the best of research is only as good as the execution of the paint
job.  In this case, it looks like the folks at Stewart have done excellent
work.  For my part, I had faith in all parties involved, and placed an order
sight unseen a few weeks back.  Can't wait!

Tim Costello
Technical Advisor: Modeling
ELHS