(erielack) EL Caboose Trucks

   Who makes the Caboose trucks in HO scale that are found on the Erie / EL
Cabeese? They are the "Milk / Express" car style. It seems EL was one of the
rare RR's to use this style, Did they ride rough? I am pretty sure none were
ever upgraded to roller bearings?
    I know this style truck was also used by Lackawanna on some of there
cabeese too, And because Erie used them on a few Dunmore hacks they must
have liked them to include them on there first large bay window order in the
mid 50's. I remember how solid the DL&W 896 rode compared the EL 356 during
the ELHS fantrip over the M&E but weight had allot to do with that I think.

    By the late 70's did the conductor really have a lot of work to perform
over the road? I imagine after early computerization he and the rear
brakeman had a pretty easy ride over the road. I do recall some interesting
odors drifting from some of the stacks, What were those guys cooking in
there? And I sure miss that friendly wave we would always get from the hind
end.

            I    I
 O   O     ---

Todd (ELHS1318)