Re: (erielack) More EL product reviews...

Yes, I got C300 in Erie.  Although its been a long time since I've seen any
type of Erie caboose (along with everyone else), this one looks good.
Actually, I got it by mistake(ordered a gmy) but liked it well enough to
keep it.  A long, long time ago (as the song goes) I modified a brass SP bay
window (Athearn style body) and researched photos for that.  The Overland
looked right on to me.  The SP bay window was more angled, a compromise I
accepted at the time; the Overland is right.  And, yes, the black roof is
correct.  There is an overhead shot of the Marion yard in Sweetland's Erie
book that shows the caboose track with some bay windows on it.  It is fairly
evident that the roofs are black.  I thought this carried over to the
original EL red caboose repaints, but from overhead shots in one of Larry's
books it was evident that just the sides were painted red with red overspray
on the roof.  A dealer told me the C301 series models had a red roof.  I do
not think that would be accurate on an Erie version, however, as he said "it
is easier to add paint than take it off!"

I'm still upset about the black nose panel on the Overland EL SDP-45 for all
those $$.  Where do these importers/manufacturers get their information?

Tony Horn
ELHS #2