Re: (erielack) Ampere Station

Actually, as I former Westinghouse employee, Ampere was not the station
used to get to Westinghouse Electric.  The stop right outside our buildin=
was Wattsessing Avenue which I believe is still a station stop.  I used t=
he
train to get to work on bad weather days.  When the Bloomfield facility
closed (1985) there were about 10 regular commuters a day using that
station to get to W.

By the way, the plant was served by the Erie's Orange branch and in fact
had two sidings coming in that crossed each other at a 60 degree crossing=
. =

By the time I was there they were no longer in use although near the end
Conrail did bring in a boxcar for some machinery to be shipped out.

Tim