Re: (erielack) PATH question was AMTRAK F-40s for Pocono service?

The Hudson and Manhattan was finally built to 33rd Street.  There were
plans and studies to extend it to Grand Central but, I guess traffic
projections and the great cost of the extensions, caused the idea to be
abandoned.  Remember the H&M was a private undertaking.

When the IND was built, the tracks were cut back to 32nd St. but the
station name was not changed.

bob gillis