Re: Re: (erielack) AMTRAK F-40's for Pocono service?

In a message dated 06/24/2000 6:00:56 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
"erielack-owner_@_internexus.net" writes:

>  Those are long gone.  Some sold off to a tourist outfit in NE Ohio, most
>  traded to MK against the GP40Ws.  A couple of them were scrapped
>  at Mountain Top.

MARC still has two, presently numbered 91 and 92.  They are not presently
planned for use, the proposed overhaul by Boise two years ago was extremely
over budget, or we would have had them for eight more years.  They are
available for possible trade for something 645 powered that could be used as

a shop switcher, or if not, will be sold at auction when we finally have the

Zulu car auction (which will happen when we finally get the rest of the new
MARC III cars delivered).  If the results of the NS Altoona auction are any
indication, I would find something to trade!

More shameless self plugging: I still have diner 470 (770) for sale or trade

to a good home!

Steven Zuiderveen