Re: (erielack) To MidTown via Moscow; forget F40s

In a message dated 6/25/00 9:56:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time, STEVE Z 10
writes:

> In my opinion most of the riders coming in from Pennsylvania will get off
in
> Morris county towns to work! I think we should have shuttle service from
> Scranton to Dover or  even perhaps Summit!

You're likely right.  And what might become the ultimate solution for the New
York-bound Scrantonians is to change at Dover or Summit or Newark (hi-levels
here are in the future) for a waiting MidTown connecting train.  But right
now the trains and the schedules to NYP are too full to accomodate any major
increase in patronage. The remaining schedule slots will dissappear after the
Allied Junction station is operational, and just wait to see what the Penn
Station congestion is like then.

                           ....Mike