Re: (erielack) AMTRAK F-40s for Pocono service? AEM7ACs Anyone?

<<MCDOT's  Frank Reilly states, as reported in the Pocono Record, that
PennDOT
is looking at getting a cost estimate with AMTRAK for the Scranton service
over the Cutoff to compare with NJ Transit. If they use AMTRAK to run the
service over the Cutoff (which is not likely cost effective), we might see
AMTRAK F-40's rolling through Dover by 2004. However, it is known that they
(PA officials) want to eventually extend the service by 2008 (??) to
Binghamton NY.  NJ Transit wants no part in that kind of operation although
anything is possible . AMTRAK may be a possible contender after all since
they can do the whole thing.>>

Lackawanna AEM7ACs and NPCUs in Scranton as Hoboken has no turning areas and
I doubt Amtrak will route Silver Service to Hoboken when all NEC service runs
to  NY Penn. And also Dover Yard is too small to hold NS,NJT,and Amtrak.