Re: (erielack) Re: Erielack Digest V2 #748

Mike

Unless my good friend Henry has time over the weekend...I will be able to
get you a map from 1950 of the area in question, but it will have to wait
til Monday.  The Tonawanda Island is no longer in operation.  The FRA and
the NYSDOT condemned their bridge to the "mainland" about 3 or 4 years
ago.  The side rod equipped GE Center Cab is in the process of being moved
off the island.

Regards and I will send you the map on Wednesday.

On Fri, 23 Jun 2000, McIlwaine wrote:

>Does anyone have an older map of the EL(ERIE) trackage on Tonawanda
>Island,N.Y.,showing the trackage at its height and the industries served on
>the island.
>This line is noew operated by the Tonawanda Island RR.
>
>                                                    Thanks,
>                                                    Mike

>Visit the erielack photopage at http://el-list.railfan.net

Will Semanchuk-Enser  Technical Support & Co-Network Administrator
The Blue Moon Internet Corp. - www.bluemoon.net  "alcoman_@_bluemoon.net"

The Railfan Network              - www.Railfan.net
MoonMud                          - telnet mud.bluemoon.net 4000
ZUHnet Buffalo, NY IRC Server    - irc.bluemoon.net 6667
Homepage                         - alcoman.Railfan.net