Re: (erielack) Morristown Line Catenary

<<
 Darned good question! I have photos of it in EL service in 1974. My Conrail
 "initial roster" doesn't list the 823 with a CR number. Could this be the E8
 the used the prime mover from to repower the RS3m 1060?

Well, according to one of the EL "In Color" (New York State) books, the prime
mover from 823 was used to repower the 1060. I've been discussing this
off-list, and I think that Hornell would be a good place to check, since the
repowering was done there. I was also thinking that the unit could have been
in the dead line at Marion with the other cab units that were there prior to
CR's startup.

Phil