(erielack) Kadee Box Cars on the Lackawanna

In a message dated 6/14/00 1:13:05 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
"TGCostello_@_aol.com" writes:

> First I'll need to check on the correct PS1 prototypes for Erie and DL&W.

Of hand, I don't recall if the Erie had PS1s.  The Lackawanna did, but they
were the rare 10-foot inside height variant; standard design was was either
10'6" or less, depending on the thickness of the floor the customer
specified.  The Lackawanna cars had a different end, shorter sides, and do
appear different when in a train of 10'6"IH cars. The Lackawanna cars were in
the 35000-series, and a few photos of them do exist, some of which will be in
the upcoming Color Guide.

Some folks might want to merely scrape off the additional rib that appears on
the ends of the Kadee car.  Others will want to wait for the correct car.
The New Haven was the other big buyer of this version.

                         ....Mike