Re: (erielack) Meadville Line

Dear Group,
I agree with Mark.  While taxes are high (as compared with those charged
to trucking companies, which pound the Interstates to bits and only pay
when the weigh station is open!), the main point is:  The lack of major
online customers wasn't an issue when the line was part of a through
route (the Erie or EL).  Now, I hope the counties involved, in
coordination with NS or a shortline operator, can make a go of it.
Otherwise, yet another part of the EL will likely be torn up.

I wasn't aware of the ATSF interest in EL, discussed in a previous
thread.  If only.

Cheers,
Alan <"quahog_@_sprint.ca">