(erielack) Erie brownhoist crane

Ben Damon wrote:
"Guys
I have the itch to build a Erie 2-200 Jordan
Spreader out of a Walthers kit
and possibly one of the Tichy 120 ton Industrial
Brownhoist crane kit if
the Erie even had any of these cranes.  Does any
know if they did? Can
anyone point me to some pictures or drawings of
either of these in Erie
livery? Researching MOW stuff seems to be tough
going.
Ben"

I did one of the cranes, based on a photo on page 141
of the September, 1942 Railroad magazine (e-mail me
for a photocopy). It was Erie # 03285, for which the
Tichy model was correct, with the addition of sides
(with 2 doors and two windows)  which cover the
machinery, and what appears to be a set of railings on
the roof directly above the cable drums.
 I have subsequently seen photos (will try to find
location) of similar cranes without the sides.

I also have been looking at the Jordan spreader. The
plow will require major surgery to follow the
prototype lines, if the one at

http://gelwood.railfan.net/frt/jorden.jpg

is originally Erie.

Vince