(erielack) Other sightings, and some news of possible interest to some of yo u... ;)

Got back this weekend from a vacation out to Ohio, and there was an
EL-related sighting! Snuck into an NS eastbound freight at Sandusky, OH was
a Greenville-style 52'6" hopper in black paint with CR reporting marks. The
small "heritage marks" were "EL 1xxxx" (couldn't make out the rest of the
number, the train was rolling by too fast) I was quite surprised to see a
52' EL gon still rolling around in revenue service!

Also, check out the new Diesel Era - in the inside back cover is a shot of a
GP35 retrucked with C-C trucks down in Chile. The zinger? The unit is former
EL 2582, sold to Fepasa (the Chilean railroad) back in the early 1990's when
CR finally got rid of its GP30's/GP35's....

I've been a little sporadic on this list lately because a) I've been away in
Ohio/Indiana for a week, and b) I was busy preparing to propose (which I did
yesterday, and yes, she said "yes" :)

	- Paul, that engaged guy

Paul R. Tupaczewski______________
Lucent Technologies
SPN-CIO Technology Team
67 Whippany Road                 Voice: (973) 386-4966
Room 15C-121                           Fax: (973) 386-3538
Whippany, NJ 07981       E-mail: "paultup_@_lucent.com"