Re: (erielack) Bingo Coal(actually J.C)

In the early 80's, the coal for all the NYSEG plants came from either CSX via interchange
at Salamanca, or from CR in the Clearfield Pa. area, running up the Corning Secondary
and later up the Buffalo Line after the Corning Sec was abandoned.  For only a brief
period, the coal was taking a right turn at Olean and running via Wellsville to Hornell,
but it ended up in the long run going to Buffalo and then east down the tier.  By the
mid-90s most of the NYSEG coal was coming from the Mononghelia area around
Shire Oaks and West Brownsville PA.  Some still might come from the Clearfield area,
but the railroad around there is now owned by RJ Coman.  I think most of the Corman
coal goes to PP&L.

Today, the NYSEG plants are served by  NS trains in the 510 and 520 series, running
from the Shire Oaks area, which is the Monongahela territory.

518 UNS     Shire Oaks, PA to Somerset, NY  Load
519              Somerset, NY to Shire Oaks, PA  Empty

522 UND    Shire Oaks, PA to Dresden, NY   Load
523              Dresden, NY to Shire Oaks, PA  Empty

524 UNL    Shire Oaks, PA to Ludlowville, NY  Load
525             Ludlowville, NY to Shire Oaks, PA  Empty

526 UNE    Shire Oaks, PA to Binghamton, NY  Load
527             Binghamton, NY to Shire Oaks, PA  Empty

The following Kodak train also runs on the tier to Silver Springs

528 UEK    Shire Oaks, PA to Silver Springs, NY  Load
529             Silver Springs, NY to Shire Oaks, PA  Empty

These last two are the New England trains that the D&H intermittantly ran on the tier.
Today they mostly move up the Buffalo line to Sunbury, where the enter the D&H
Sunbury line and come up the Lackawanna from Scranton.

530 UMT   Shire Oaks, PA to Binghamton, NY/D&H   Load (old D&H PLMT)
531             Binghamton, NY/D&H to Shire Oaks, PA  Empty

532 UBO   Shire Oaks, PA to Binghamton, NY/D&H   Load (old D&H UBO)
533            Binghamton, NY/D&H to Shire Oaks, PA   Empty