(erielack) CR/PRR merger decals

Bill K. wrote:

> Additionally no locomotive was lettered NYC and I don;t think any freight
> car was lettered PRR.

CSX didn't renumber locos until Merger Day, so none were lettered NYC.  I've
several photos of ex CR hoppers at Cresson last October with PRR decals.  Over
a 3 or 4 day span we probably saw 400-500 hoppers.  About 1/3 PRR, maybe 1/4
NYC and the balance was still CR.  I beleive I have photos of PRR gons, but
most were either NYC decaled or still CR.  Not that CR boxcars are common, but
I can't remember seeing any with PRR decals.  Most of the LO's were CR or NYC,
although I did see a ex PC car with with Conrail red fading off that had been
freshly PRR'd

Hope this helps a bit.

Frank