(erielack) Erie Photos on HAER/HABS Lib. of Congress site

Schuyler Larrabee wrote:
"Harvey, there are drawings created by the
Historic American Engineering
Record, or HAER.  You can find these through the
Smithsonian, probably by
going to the Smithsonian's web page.  I think
that there's a web page for
HAER, though I don't know that for sure.  A good
library (surely Knoxville
would have one!?) would probably have information
about HAER."

The Library of Congress has a site containing some of
the items from the Historic American Engineering
Record (HAER), and also great stuff from the Historic
American Buildings Survey (HABS). The home page URL
is:

http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/hhhtml/hhhome.html

By coincidence, I was browing this last last week, and
found that the HABS, which can be searched by town
name, has a good number of Erie photos I have never
seen. As a start, check out this page for the Erie
Wyoming Division-Hawley, Pa engine servicing facilites
(lots of coal smoke & grime!):

http://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/ampage?collId=hhphoto&action=browse&fileName=pa/pa1200/pa1293/photos/browse.db&recNum=0&itemLink=r?ammem/hh:@field

Eventually the Sanborn insurance survey map collection
is to be put on-line. This will be a real fertile
datasource.

Vince Lee