(erielack) Pushers

In a message dated 1/25/00 11:32:32 AM Eastern Standard Time,
"RAILDATA_@_aol.com" writes:

<<
 By Pennsylvania law  only 3500 locomotive horsepower  could be used on
 pushers behind a caboose. Over that limit require placing the caboose behind
 the pusher engines.

The above would explain why when I watched the E-L cut off pushers at
Tobyhanna,
sometimes the caboose was in front of the pushers, sometimes in back.
One time I saw them cut the pushers on the fly. (pretty cool!)
I also (THINK) I saw a train w/ caboose on the end of the train and one after
the pushers too.

Lou