Re: (erielack) EL GP35's

In checking further, D&H employees time table says that in accordance with Pa
PUC Order dated March 28,1966, employees cannot ride a in caboose if their is
more than 3500 hp of locos pushing. They must ride in the pusher engines if
that hp is exceeded.  Also says that pusher engines cannot be cut off "on the
fly" if behind occupied cabooses and pusher power is more than 3500 (which is
sort of redunant since is says they cannot be there!)

So I should revise my comment tor ead that if pushers are to be cut off on
the fly behind the caboose they cannot exceed 3500 HP, which would explaing
Trainmasres,3 GP9's in pusher svce, etc.

Erie had a neat arragnement at Gulf Summit where the the pushers backed the
caboose into a siding, then they got out of the way and the caboose was then
rolled down to the train...for when they ahd too much hp to push against the
caboose.

Chuck Y