(erielack) SD45-2's

Thanks Al
   They were EL 3670 and 3681 leading train BA-1, I saw them as they paused
near the CNJ E-Port yard. Amazing how different they sound compared to other
EMD power. Those SD45-2's are loud! They were stenciled NS 1701 and 1705 now
but they cast a nice EL silhouette as they passed coupled back to back
leading a mixed freight through the snow. Twenty five years prior they may
have lead ES-99 westbound from this very spot :)
  Sadly back at LV Oak Island EL SD45-2 3676/CSX8869(?) had some sort of
malfunction and with half the hood doors swinging in the wind and sub-zero
temperatures surrounding it cold engine block, It was shoved into the engine
house for repairs. EL 3677 (NS1703) looked on from an adjacent track. Yes,
it sure looked like Jurassic EL Park to me.
  Preservationist's keep an eye on NS 1705 / EL 3681, It was the last new EL
engine purchased by the Erie Lackawanna Railway.