(erielack) ERIE IN EASTERN OHIO

I have had several questions about the Pymetuming (sp?) cut-off.  I
assume the Conrail abandoned this line.  But, was it built, say on
the level of the Lackawanna cut-off:  Low grade, high speed.  Did it
avoid several of the heavy grades in the eastern part of the state.
Now I'm wondering if NS or CSX could have used that line along with
the River Line in New York as an extra route with traffic for the
east.  The old Erie Line from Hammond, Indiana to Sterling would have
made a great cut-off for CSX traffic.  Too bad it's gone.