Re: (erielack) bricks and quarrys

Pete, I don't know what dictionary you used, but this one:

http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary

For the second meaning of the word, referring to places where you dig stuff
up, the principal definition is

1 : an open excavation usually for obtaining building stone, slate, or
limestone.

The first meaning of the word is "quarry" as what you are hunting,
the third being the verb, with the example given as to quarry MARBLE,
and the fourth being a description of a type of piece of glass, STONE, or
tile.

And besides, any brickie who heard you say that you were going to "quarry
clay" would fall off the scaffolding laughing.  Clay comes from a "clay
pit."

Now my previous post was not to pick a nit, but to tell you guys something
about what bricks are, how they're made and generally provide some
educational content. The relevant content to the list is that all types of
bricks were carried on the DL&W, Erie and EL.  Now I have had to provide
education about the meaning of the word.  And my dictionary's better'n your
dictionary, nyaah!

8^)

SGL