(erielack) Erie C3 0-8-0 #226

List members:
  I am Looking for any photos or information about Erie C-3 0-8-0 #226.
Built by Baldwin in 1927 to a U.S.R.A. design. This engine may have operated
on the NY Division in its last years of operation.
  For those of you who recall, This former Erie steam locomotive bell still
rests next to the pumper in our firehouse here in NJ. Its a long story how
it ended up here after its discovery in the basement of our municipal
building! But I would like to see this piece of Erie history cosmetically
restored. The yoke and nut supporting the bell need allot of work, There
rusted pretty bad. Sadly, I think this bell sat outside for many years after
its removal from the engine. The bell looks like brass, but I tried using a
brass cleaner on it and it still looks dull and tarnished. The number "226"
is clearly stamped on top of the bell and the interior is painted red. It
has the air ringer bracket welded to the side of the lower yoke and it also
has the manual pull cord arm attached, Although it pitted pretty bad.
  Keep your eyes peeled for any photo's, I have most of the Erie books we
are familiar with and as yet 226 has not shown up :( anywhere. My guess is
that it was removed in Croxton when the locomotive sat on the scrap line,
Not really sure. Where did Erie scrap its steam Engine's in NJ? Were any cut
up on the property?

Todd ELHS#1318