(erielack) DL&W yard at North Arlington, NJ

I am trying to find out the history of a DL&W railyard just north of the
Kearny/North Arlington border along the Harrison-Kingsland connector.
As far as I have been able to find out, the yard was built in the early
to mid 1940s and was taken out of service by the mid 1950s.  I would
like to know the exact dates of construction and abandonment and what
the yard was used for during its brief existence.  Any information
anyone could provide would be helpful.
Thanks,
Mike McGowan ("McGowan7_@_ptdprolog.net")