RE: (erielack) Which Stewart Airport is it

- -----Original Message-----
From: "Inlinebob_@_aol.com" [mailto:Inlinebob@aol.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2000 4:19 PM
To: "gkazin_@_netscape.net"; erielack@internexus.net
Subject: Re: (erielack) Which Stewart Airport is it

I goofed. I said east, I meant west where the Erie is. Ooops! There have to
be two different routes, unless there is to be new roadbed from Harriman up
to Newburgh. Otherwise, you are looking at a destination on the Erie and one

on the NYC, no?

New roadbed from HARRIMAN?  I think not.  The Graham Line north of Harriman
run over an old Erie Branch to Newburgh.  Somewhere north of Central Valley
the line deviates from the Newburgh route to hug the mountain and turn west
to Moodna Viaduct.  When you head north out of Central Valley on 32 you'll
come to Mountainville (where Star Industries is located).  Just to the west
of the road is a dirt road on the old row and an old Erie depot (if it's
still there).  So somewhere between Central Valley and Mountainville is
where you'd be able to connect to the old row.