(erielack) wierd compulsions...

Hi Paul;

Glad to hear you're going to tackle the transfer hacks!

First,  I have a photocopy of what appears to be a Diamond article by
Roger Rasor titled 'Erie Lackawanna T-Series Transfer Cabooses'. The
side view drawing appears to say "PREMIER LUBE", not premium. Everything
else seems to be copacetic. Again, that's from a drawing, not a photo.

Next, I have a photocopy of an article from the October 1976 NMRA
Bulletin by Walter Olevsky titled 'Erie Lackawanna Transfer Caboose'.It
appears that the tool box says TOOL BOX on the side (duh...) and THINK
SAFETY on the end. This appears to be T-34 (Croxton), and can be seen in
the photos as well as the drawings.

Finally, I have a photocopy of an article from Diesel Era, date unknown,
titled 'Norfolk and Western Class RI Caboose'. Nothing insightful here
as regards lettering, but it's a good article to have as these are
(virtually) the  same cars. The Rasor article by far has the best
drawings.

Best regards;
Jim Harr