Re: (erielack) ? DL&W Wood Caboose

In a message dated 1/12/00 1:03:49 PM Eastern Standard Time,
"dlr_@_sparta.csnet.net" writes:

> I recently heard a rumor that a wood laser kit for a DL&W wood caboose
>  is going to be available this year.  Does anyone know if this is true
>  and who the manufacturer migh be?

Might be?  It will be Bethlehem Car Works, ARHS member John Greene,
proprietor.  The cars will be mostly laser cut wood with some metal castings
and metal trucks.  I've seen the test patterns and pilot parts, but not the
finished kit.  And I don't know when the kit will be available, but it is
running a little behind.

Next up from BCW on the DL&W kit parade will be the 36'-foot wooden boxcars
with the steel ends.  Versions with windows for the camp car fleet are
planned to be offered.  A flanger based on the ones converted from 40-foot
wooden boxes are also in the works, but could be a year or more off.

                                 ....Mike