Re: (erielack) Netcong Station

In a message dated 1/10/00 10:53:05 AM Eastern Standard Time,
"STEVEZ10_@_aol.com" writes:

> I don't think the Newton station was brick!!! I have several pictures of
the
>  station in the Lackawanna Railroad in northwest, NJ, and it appeared to be
>  wooden structure!
>
>  Perhaps your thinking of the freight house?

The Newton station was brick on all four sides with large porch roof
surrounding the two-story building.  In the diesel years, the porch roof was
removed resulting in a very ugly brick building painted entirely green.  But
it was certainly a brick building.

                     ....Mike