RE: Fw: (erielack) D&MM..DL&W 565

> How long was it working for the DL&W and how many years was
> it on the D&MM
> before it was retired??
> I also heard the BR&W used it for excursion trains in the 1960's!

The 565 was originally stuffed and mounted on display at Citro's Restaurant
in Wayne, NJ (this building still exists, and though the steam locomotive is
gone, the former PRR "Queen Mary" and an ex-Erie wooden caboose are still
there - it's a doctor's office now)

It was then sold to a group of individuals interested in starting a tourist
line in Morris County (no relation to the Morris County Central, though).
The group was planning on purchasing some track around the Lake Jct. area in
New Jersey (not sure if it was DL&W or CNJ track). I have a black and white
photo in my collection of the 565 wearing DL&W-style Roman lettering on the
tender reading "BLACK RIVER." Where does the Black River name come from? The
Black River, which runs right near Lake Jct. (now you know!) Apparently,
negotiations fell through on the track, and they looked elsewhere. The 565
was not kept, however.