Re: [NERAIL] old equipment FOR FREE!

Folks, this topic jogged my memory. Last week I visited Beacon Park Yard,
and met Bruce Houghton, president of Houghton Chemical, which operates
adjacent to the CSXT turf.
        He has, sitting on an isolated section of track in Carlstadt NJ, on land
he bought, a standard-gauge riveted tank car with wooden brake boards and
wooden chassis cushions. (I know nothing about this, but he thought those
details indicated a very old car.) His people want him to sell it for
scrap; he has a dedication to history and would like someone to have it.
If you want it, it's yours. You just need to remove it.
        The new owner would need to remove it from the property by
truck,probably, unless someone wants to relay a spur to the nearby line.

Please don't reply to me, but contact him directly:

Bruce Houghton
Houghton Chemical
"bhougton_@_houghton.com"
617-254-1010

Good luck!
Chalmers (Chop) Hardenbergh, editor
Atlantic Northeast Rails & Ports, semimonthly trade newsletter
Rails + ports, intermodal facilities, and government environment
PO Box 941, Yarmouth ME 04096 "c_hardenbergh_@_juno.com"
207-846-3549 fax 603-215-4482

*******

*******

"NERAIL_@_LISTSERV.AOL.COM" The Original place on the internet to discuss everything
about New England Railroading and Railfanning!

archive now available at:
http://listserv.aol.com/archives/nerail.html

Post pictures at:

http://nerail.xensei.com/

- --part1_29.291ecf71.25a75a72_boundary--