(erielack) Re: Looking for Alco Builders Plate]

"Steve.Adair_@_rayonier.com" wrote:
>  Found this on the CP list and was wondering if anyone out there could =
help.
Seems to be a better place to look than on the CP list!

> reply to:    Ray Meibaum     "rkm_@_coltsaa.com"
> I am looking specifically for an Alco builders plate for #952. Built on=

order #S-251 for an order of 10 at the Schenectady Works of the American
Locomotive Co. These were built for the Delaware, Lackawanna and Western.=

These locomotives were 4-4-0 type and had construction numbers 30547 thro=
ugh
30556. Road numbers were 944 through 954. A copy of the plate or repro wo=
uld
be fine. Hope you can help.

Oh such an innocent request!!!  I expect that this builder's plate is STI=
LL
ATTACHED TO DLW 952, since the locomotive is in a museum in St Louis, MO.=
 =

That is where the plate should be...

Gary Kazin
Rockaway, New Jersey

New Jersey Transit - THE WAY TO GO!!!

(I have no affiliation with New Jersey Transit.)

Get your own FREE, personal Netscape WebMail account today at http://webm=
ail.netscape.com.