(erielack) SP SDP45 report (ex-EL unit!)

I received this on the RAILROAD list a few days ago.  =

Duncan Watry <"Duncan_Watry_@_ci.sf.ca.us"> wrote:
> Several people have noted that the SP SDP45 I reported spotting yesterd=
ay
was an ex-Conrail, nee-Erie Lackawanna SDP45 that had been rebuilt and so=
ld to
SP, not an original SP SDP45 from SP's passenger/commute fleet.
> =

an EB
baretable train yesterday (Sun 1/2/00) in Berkeley (CA) at about 2pm.  Th=
SDP45 was on the point, leading 2 UP widecabs.  As one who remembers thes=
e on
the Peninsula commutes (and on the Daylight before that), it was good to =
see
one still operating!  Anyone know how many are left?

Gary Kazin
Rockaway, New Jersey

New Jersey Transit - THE WAY TO GO!!!

(I have no affiliation with New Jersey Transit.)

Get your own FREE, personal Netscape WebMail account today at http://webm=
ail.netscape.com.