(erielack) Spectrum Erie Decapod

Brian C. Wrote:
"Greetings guys, just got my Feb. MR today, it is
about a week later than
normal. I saw the add for the upcoming Spectrum
2-10-0 for Erie. Few
questions, 1) Anyone have an idea about how
prototypical this model will be
for the Erie? I don't think shots of the pilot
are available yet, but some of
you seem to have connections,"

I redetailed a PFM brass Frisco version for Erie a
number of years ago. The key items to look for in the
upcoming model are the cylinder crossheads-Erie had
the Laird type, and the running boards and steps at
the front of the engine, although these will be easy
to duplicate in styrene. The Ad in MR (Longs Drugs
Store) indicated that the Erie version had a doghouse.
I hope that was a typo, because it should be w/o the
doghouse of the Frisco version.

Vince Lee