(erielack) NIRX/EL 60000-series insulated boxcars....

I was at my local hobby shop the other day, spending my Xmas gift
certificates, and saw the new Walthers "North American smoothside boxcars."
The term "North American" and the look of the car struck a chord with me, so
I peeked in the EL Color Guide, and sure enough, the car is almost a
dead-ringer for the yellow North American Car Company (NIRX) insulated
boxcars (the ones with the large black EL diamonds), series 60000-60019. The
only difference is the plug door - the Walthers car has two pairs of upright
rods, whereas the EL car had two single uprights. I think that Details West
makes a replacement door; I will look into this. Also, the car is correct
for later (post-late 1960's) versions, as the kit has the shortened ladders
(the EL cars did get their ladders shortened as well).

Time to make decals!

By the way, the Overland EL and Erie bay-windows are shipping in February,
according to the shop owner...

	- Paul

Paul R. Tupaczewski___________________
Lucent Technologies                       Voice: (973) 386-4966
SPN CIO Technology Team                     Fax: (973) 386-3538
67 Whippany Road                      E-mail: "paultup_@_lucent.com"
Room 15C-121                Pager: (800) 759-8888 pin 2588012
Whippany, NJ 07981