Re: (erielack) NYSW Stack trains

Remember that under the STB agreement, contracts could remain in place for
six months and anything goes thereafter, which in this business (intermodal)
usually means lower prices. HJCL is one of the bottom feeders in the
business.I understand from one of my cohorts in the business that the Hanjin
contract was up anyway. NS has had a close relationship with Hanjin for a
number of years, (big CY in their Landers yard),but with these two guys (CSX
and NS) fighting over the same traffic anything could happen. The current
Hanjin routing into NJ is NS to Buffalo, CP\D&H to Binghamton (the origin of
this is from the time when Walter Rich was the designated operator of the D&H
during its bankruptcy post-Guilford), and NYS&W haulage\trackage rights to
Warwick.
Some of the big contracts did not stay the six month course; witness CSX
getting the whole magilla with APL. (They were already moving most of the APL
North Jersey business into APINY already)

Jim Dalberg