Re: (erielack) Riverossi Erie Lackawanna Passenger Car sets

Jay-Bee makes couple conversion mounting pads for all the Rivarossi
1920/1930 passenger cars.  They mount the couplers to the body of the car
which is ideal if you have 30+ inch radius curves.  While they recommend
Kadee No.6 or 16's, I found the No.5's worked best for me.  The exception
was the 1930 baggage car which I used the recommended No.8.

They also make metal replacement wheel sets for the Rivarossi trucks which I
also have used for the 1920 cars, retaining the pin attachment which is
fine.

For the 1930 cars, I used the IHC replacement trucks which are very nice and
roll well.  IHC makes the bolster attachment which uses a tiny bolt/nut to
attach the trucks.

Jay-Bee is listed in the Walter's catalog, though I purchased directly from
Jay-Bee.  The instruction sheet ony lists an address:

P.O. Box 7031 Villa Park, IL 60181

Don't know if they have a web site.

Also, I highly recommend the American Limited diaphrams.  They are
excellent.

Of course none of these cars is quite right for DL&W, but they make good
stand-in's until plastic passenger car development reaches the state of box
cars (e.g., Red Caboose, P2K, Intermountain).  BTW, see the editorial in the
January MR - Andy Sperandeo is asking for input in a poll on which passenger
cars the MR community should encourage manufacturers to think about
producing.  Can't hurt to let our DL&W/Erie/EL biases know!

Bill Botkin